Chocolate Cake Ingredients
Bottom Layer of Cake
¼ C date paste
2 Tbs. almond milk
2 Tbs. agave
1 Tbs. vanilla extract
2 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
1 C almond flour, sifted
1 C sprouted buckwheat groat flour,sifted
½ C desicated coconut, ground into fine flour, sifted
¼ C cacao powder, sifted
1 pinch salt
Top Layer of Cake
½ C cacao powder, sifted
½ C maple syrup
¼ C coconut butter
Whisk all ingredients until very smooth.
- In a blender, combine all wet ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients by hand in a bowl.
- Make a bird’s nest and gently add wet ingredients into middle of dry bowl until batter is formed.
- Add extra flour if too sticky.
- Roll the dough into a ¼ inch thick sheet.
- On parchment form the bottom layer with round or shaped ring molds.
- Cover with the top layer and freeze until set.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.