Cacao Chia Parfait
Hmmm….my mind wandered….and wondered about a rich chocolate-y, high protein, high omega 3, low calorie breakfast. Not much to think about really. I Just made it. Ate it. Felt the energy. Your turn. Here’s how.
* Nutrition information on chia seeds
A 1 ounce (28 grams) serving of chia seeds contains:
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega 3's).
- Calcium: 18% of the RDA.
- Manganese: 30% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA.
- They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2.
1 C milk coconut, hemp or almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 dates, pitted and chopped
¼ C chia seeds
Sprinkle of dried coconut for garnish, optional
In a blender, mix all ingredients, except chia seeds and raspberries
Pour milk into a jar or bowl. Stir chia seeds
Refrigerate for at least an hour
Stir to incorporate all ingredients until smooth
Layer with raspberries parfait style in a jar or glass.
Eat and feel the energy.