Hi, I'm Nicolle Kate

I share energy food recipes and build health coaching programs to balance weight, refresh mental clarity and generate vibrant energy for every body.

80/20 in 2015

80/20 in 2015

After writing a pitiful me holiday blog, I'm happy to report that I rang in the new year surrounded by warmth love and romance. I'm grateful to be in a deeply meaningful love relationship, and in the interest of growing that garden, I've read several 80/20 love relationship rules. One theory is that for most relationships we get 80% of what we want and the remaining 20% we need to accept living without, or perhaps find those missing elements elsewhere. A second version is that 80% of all frustrations in a relationship are caused by just 20% of the problems. 

The 80/20 theory for relationships that I align myself with says that 80% of all relationship issues are on us; our own issues with communication, perception, unclear expect-ations, lack of boundaries. And the remaining 20% are relationship issues So if you want it all, like I do, we have to work through our  own baggage first, otherwise we'll get stuck in the 80% and never get to the twenty percent that is vital to create a long lasting healthy relationship. 

There are also other 80/20 theories that ring true. We wear 20% of our wardrobe 80% of the time. But the greatest game changer for me has been the 80/20 Alkaline / Acid Food Theory for Health.  
 
To maintain optimal physical and emotional health our blood should be alkaline. There are three components to the achieving optimal alkaline levels.

1. Quantity
Eat until 80% full so you don't feel bloated or tired.  Allow 20% empty space for proper digestion.


2. Quality
Eat 80% land and ocean vegetables and 20% protein OR  grain. Proteins and gains should not be combined at the same time for the best  digestion.


3. Acid/Alkaline Balance
Our blood should maintain an alkaline state. The food we eat and lifestyle choices we make impact whether we achieve that goal. To maintain balance consume 80% alkaline forming food and beverages and 20% acid forming foods daily.


Alkaline Choices
V
egetables, Fruit, Seaweeds, Dates/Figs, Quinoa, Millet, Olive Oil, Fish, Nuts, Seeds, Sea Salt, Brown Rice, Beans, Rest/Sleep, Kindness, Love, Meditation, Exercise.

Acidic Options
Meat, Dairy, Eggs, Pasta, Alcohol, Shellfish, Bread, Sugar, Overwork, Jealously, Fear, Stress, Artificial sweeteners, Cigarettes, Drugs, White rice, Coffee. 

Symptoms of excess acid waste
If you get out of balance and your blood becomes too acidic you are susceptible to illness and disease. If your diet is largely composed of meat, bread, sugar, cheese, white flour, and processed foods you may experience a variety of ailments (to name a few) heart burn, Acid reflux, depression, constipation, dark circles under eyes, Insomnia, Arthritis, dizziness. bloating, low energy. acne, low sex drive, headaches. 

Note* Listen to your body and make diet changes according to your own bodies organic pace. So try 80/20 to achieve 100% health in the new year.

Recipe for Alkaline Caulfiower Salad

Ingredients Rice
1 head cauliflower, rough chopped
1/2 C raw walnuts
Pinch sea salt and pepper

Ingredients
1 C raw peas
4 radishes, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 C spinach or other greens, chopped
1 C. radish sprouts
2 Tbs. fresh herbs of choice, basil, tarragon,
*Any other raw vegetables you want to small dice and add

Ingredients Dressing
1 Tbs. Olive oil
1 tsp. apple cider or rice vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp. turmeric
1-2 Tbs. fresh or dried italian herbs
Pinch salt & peppe

Process

  • In a food processor, walnuts until processed into small pieces, set aside
  • Add cauliflower pieces and process until it becomes a rice consistency
  • Place cauliflower in a large bowl and mix with nuts, salt and pepper
  • Add all other diced vegetables, herbs, sprouts
  • Add dressing ingredients and gently blend
  • Using a large round or heart shaped cookie cutter or mold spoon cauliflower mixture into the mold and gently lift mold.
  • Top with extra sprouts


 

  •  
Island Inspired

Island Inspired

Fast Food

Fast Food