"Be Mine" Linzer Cookies
These cookies are super special to present to your love. It’s a very fun craft project creating these sweets for your sweet, not to mention they’re delicious and beautiful. I imagine this recipe could be baked in the oven as well, however I’ve never done it so if anyone does, I’d love to know the results! Remember to love yourself first, then pass it on, because there’s never enough love to go around.
1 C strawberries or raspberries or a mix of both
1/4 C dates, chopped
2 tsp. lemon juice
½ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch sea salt, optional
- In a high speed blender, blend all ingredients until smooth
- Place in the dehydrator for 2-3 hours to thicken or cook on the stovetop over low heat until reduced and thick
1 ½ C almond flour
1 C coconut flour
½ C macadamia nuts, ground
¼ C Plus 2 Tbs. agave
2 Tbs. raw honey or maple syrup
½ Tbs. lemon zest
1 Tbs. lemon juice
2 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
Pinch of sea salt
- In a food processor, mix the almond flour and 1/3 C of the coconut flour until well combined
- Add remaining ingredients and process until dough is formed
- You may need to add a few tablespoons of water to make this soft enough to work with.
- With a rolling pin, roll our dough to be approximately ¼ inch thick. You want the dough to be thin.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut into shapes, making an even amount of cookies .
- Cut half of the cookies with a cut out, the other half without.
- Dehydrate 10-12 hours or until cookies are very crisp
Spread about 1 teaspoon of jam on a solid cookie and top with the cut out cookie to make a sandwich. Dust lightly with coconut flour.