Turmeric is a beautiful golden orange root that has traditionally been used in Indian cuisine to give curry it's yellow color. Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin which gives turmeric it's color and is the most nutritious part of the root. Turmeric may be one of the most effective nutritional supplement in existence. Many high quality studies show that it has major benefits for your body and brain. I love to juice turmeric root for it's zing which instantly energizes my body!
Here are the top ten evidence based benefits of turmeric.
1. Curcumin may help delay aging and fight age-related chronic diseases.
2. Curcumin is a natural anti-Inflammatory compound.
3. Turmeric is an antioxidant.
4. Curcumin has been linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of brain diseases.
5. Curcumin leads to various improvements that can lower your risk of heart disease.
6.Turmeric can help prevent cancer.
7. Curcumin may be useful in preventing and treating alzheimer’s disease.
8. Arthritis patients respond very well to curcumin supplementation.
9. Studies show that curcumin has incredible benefits against depression.
10. Turmeric contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties.
Turmeric Juice Tonic
1 C turmeric root, 1 C ginger root, 2 carrots Remove from juicer and set aside. Then juice 2 C spinach, 1 C kale, 1 cucumber, 4 celery stalk, 1 green apple. Alternate pouring the yellow and green juice into the glass.