12 Keys To A Happy Life; And None of Them Has Anything to Do With Eating Kale.
In my health coaching practice I distinguish between the food we eat and what I call Soul Food. Soul Food is the way we nourish ourselves in the areas of relationships. exercise, sleep, career, creativity and spirituality to name a few.
This is the first of several blogs I’m going to dedicate to these topics, because broccoli alone isn’t enough to bring us overall health, wellbeing, and happiness.
In this blog I want to touch on spirituality, and share the Rawception 12 keys to a conscious life. These are all bits of ancient wisdom that I’ve picked up along the way after 55 years on this earth. Here are my 12 Keys to happiness.
- Don’t wait for something to happen to make you happy. Be happy now.
- Focus your energy on the good things you already have and approach life from a place of gratitude and plentitude. That’s how more good things will come. Not by focusing on what you do not have.
- Make macro goals and celebrate mini accomplishments.
- Focus more on the meaning in life, rather than how we measure life.
- Think about “who am I” rather than “what have I done”.
- Consider "how compassionate, kind and generous was I today", rather than "how many Instagram followers did I get”.
- Instead of telling the story of "what’s happened to you", change that to "what’s happening inside of you"
- Convert “what can I get today", to “what can I give today".
- Be aware of the present moment, and set aside time to make plans for the future.
- Remember, fulfillment is success: achievements are not fulfillment.
- We don’t see the world as it is, we see it as we are.
- Accept what is, because it is.
More soon, xx Nicolle