A Deliciously, Nutritious Cheesecake Recipe That Will Delight Even The Toughest Vegan Critics.
Who doesn't like cheesecake? I've always loved it. But as usual I want a healthy version. I won't lie-this recipe isn't exactly a-zero-calorie treat. However, not all calories are created equal.
Science based evidence shows that a one hundred calories from an apple behaves very different in the body than one hundred calories of fast food fries. One turns on the good genes and the other turns on the bad. Take a guess at what does what.
You can enjoy this indulgence without any guilt because this healthy cheesecake is full of good fats and protein from coconut and nuts, low glycemic sweetness from dates and maple syrup and it's full of antioxidants from raw cacao. So go ahead. Eat cake!
Ingredients for Base
1/4 C dried coconut flakes
1/4 C raw almonds
1/4 C raw cashews
1 Tbs. raw cacao powder
Pinch sea salt
1 Tbs. coconut oil, added last
Ingredients for Filling
2 C cashews
3/4 C maple syrup
1 lemon, juiced
1 vanilla pod
3/4 C cacao powder
1/2 C coconut oil, added last
1/4 C cacao butter, melted and added last
Ingredients for gnache topping
1/3 C cacao powder
1/3 C maple syrup
1/3 C coconut oil
1/3 C cacao butter, melted
Pinch sea salt
- In a food processor, mix raw almonds and cashews until it becomes a meal (but not butter).
- Add nut meal to a large bowl and mix
- In a food processor, mix dates until they become a ball, add to bowl
- Add all other ingredients to bowl except for oil and mix well by hand
- Then add coconut oil and mix well by hand
- Cut parchment to fit the bottom of a spring form pan.
- Press crust into parchment until its a uniform crust.
- Place in fridge and begin filling
- In a high speed blender, mix soaked cashews and all ingredients except coconut oil and cacao butter.
- Melt cacao butter
- Gradually add oil and melted butter last and blend until a think creamy consistency.
- Pour over chilled crust
- Place in freezer.
- Begin the gnache layer
- In a high speed blender, mix all ingredients until smooth and think
- After the filling has set enough, pour gnache over filling and place in the fridge until set.
- Cut into 10 slices.
Like and comment if you like this recipe!