3 Easy Steps to Cleanse your Body, Burn your Fat and Build your Energy.
Over the last five years I've had a mindset shift. I stopped thinking about 3 meals a day and instead I focus on 3 steps a day. 1. Cleanse my body, 2. Burn my fat, and 3. Build my energy. It’s what I do every day that gives me the energy I need in the body that I want. Plus the mental clarity I require to get closer to the relationships I want and deserve.
It’s not a diet or a detox plan. There’s nothing to remember or think about. It’s just 3 simple steps a day. The reason it works is because it’s the same, simple, three things, every day. It’s a way of life. And f you’re consistent, it does the work for you. In my health coach training, I’ve studied over 100 different dietary theories. And the evidence shows that anyone can sustain a diet plan for a short time, but it’s human nature to slowly fall back into the old patterns. Behavior modification and real change take time and only work with consistency. A consistent way of life.
STEP 1. CLEANSE YOUR BODY
Detoxification and elimination are the foundations of health. It’s important to cleanse and detoxify your body first thing each morning. That means drinking two cleansing drinks before consuming anything else. When we begin each day with cleansing liquids, we give our body the hydration it needs to eliminate regularly and detox the bad bacteria out of the gut. For example; hot water with lemon and a green juice.
STEP 2. BURN THE FAT
Burning the fat is more about what foods to embrace and which foods to eliminate.
ELIMINATE these 2 non nutrutritive categories
1. Processed sugar such as candy, ice cream, cookies, cakes, doughnuts, pastries, muffins, sugary breakfast cereal, and desserts.
2. Simple carbohydrates. such as wheat products, breads, crackers, pretzels, bagels, pasta, and white potatoes.
EMBRACE these 4 delicious categories of whole foods.
1. High quality organic protein. Such as lentils, beans, nuts, seeds, sea algae, organic tofu or tempeh. (if you are consuming animal products choose “certified human” free range chicken and eggs, wild caught fish, high quality, organic pastured meat, and *
2. High quality fats (avocado, nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut butter, coconut oil)
3. Vegetables. Eat every vegetables known to man except white potatoes
4. Fruit: especially low sugar fruits (such as berries, cantaloupe, and honeydew)
Note: I choose not to eat land animals or dairy products, but do what works for your body and taste buds. It’s important to know that every human body is different, so listen to what your body tells you it needs. Most of all, Eat until you feel FED, not FULL.
STEP 3. BUILD YOUR ENERGY
Here’s the good news - the hard part is already done. Give the first two steps their due because they do part of step 3, for you. Cleansing the body and burning the fat actually begin to build the foundation of core energy by cleansing the bad bacteria out of your gut and repopulating good bacteria back into your micro-biome (your biological home). By doing these two steps your body produces B vitamins and vitamin K, which are all critical energy building vitamins.
After producing natural core energy through your new healthier gut, there’s only one important thing left to do. Move. We must move our body a minimum of 30 minutes a day to produce real sustainable energy. So choose any exercise that you love and get out there and move!