The 12 most mind-bending, life-altering, eye-opening, podcasts I’ve listened to. Plus a recipe for Blue Majik & Blueberry Smoothie.
After 57 years on this planet, I thought I knew a thing or two, but my mind has expanded so much from listening to these pods. I love Albert Einstein’s famous quote “The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.”
I've fallen down the rabbit hole of these fascinating and informative conversations by experts in the fields of health, business, psychology, and nutrition. I find the podcast medium to be a very accessible way to consume information while power walking, doing errands, riding the subway or cleaning the kitchen.
The stories are full of inspiration, transformation and liberation. My picks are in no particular order. Four of them are from the same podcast host, because well, they’re just that good. I hope you take the time to listen and enjoy, as much as I have. I truly believe that important conversations like these make the world a better place.
1. Rich Roll. Host: Rich Roll
Episode: Dr. Zach Bush “Glyphosate, GMO’s and Healing the Gut”
2. Rich Roll. Host: Rich Roll
Episode: Bruce Friedrich, “Innovating the Future of Clean Meat”
3. GOOP. Host: Elise Loehnan
Episode: Marianne Williamson “Who are You in Crisis?”
4. PodShip Earth. Host: Jarod Blumenfeld
Episode: “Everybody’s Plastic” “Fasting Mimicking Diet”
5. Super Soul. Host: Oprah Winfrey
Episode: Carolyn Myss: “Discovering your Life’s Purpose”
6. Marie Forleo. Host: Marie Forleo
Episode: Brene Brown “Braving the Wilderness”
7. School of Style. Host: Luke Story
Episode: Daniel Vitalis “Water Wars / Unlocking the Mysteries of Nature’s Greatest Gift”
8. Good Life Project. Host: Jonathan Fields
Episode: Geneen Roth “You Don’t Need to Be Fixed”
9. Finding Mastery. Host: Michael Gervais
Episode Satya Nadella “Microsoft CEO”
10. Rich Roll. Host: Rich Roll
Episode: Ray Cronise & Julieanna Hever. “Nutrition and Oxidative Priority”
11. Rich Roll. Host: Rich Roll
Episode: Dr. Valter Longo. Episode: Fasting Mimicking Diet"
12. GOOP. Host: Elise Loehnan
Episode: Michaela Boehm “Creating Sexual Tension”
I promise you'll love this quick and delicious smoothie bowl, especially if the taste of bitter greens is not your thing. This blue-ness is rich, sweet and satisfying.
BLUE MAJIK & BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE.
Blue is a hard food color to find when eating the rainbow. The blue color itself is the most nutritious part of the food. The phytonutrients which naturally occur in blue food, called anthocyanin, catechin, quercetin, and kaempferol, are powerful antioxidants for our bodies. This blue smoothie is just so pretty -- and tastes so damn good.
1/2 C coconut water kefir
1 C plain coconut yogurt
1 frozen banana
1/2 C frozen blueberries
1/2 C steamed & frozen cauliflower and zucchini, each
1 tsp Blue Majik spirulina
1 Tbs pea protein powder
1/2 tsp maca, mesquite, lucuma, each
1/2 C spring water - add as needed.
1. In a high-speed blender, add ingredients in order as listed.
2. Blend all ingredients using the tamper to help mix.
3. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, if it’s too thick to blend.
4. Top with frozen blueberries, a sprinkle of hemp seeds, and shredded coconut flakes.
Enjoy and feel good about taking the time for self care! xxNK
You Might Also Like