Why is a Fermented Sauerkraut, Pickle, & Mustard Veggie Wrap So Good For My Digestion?
In my quest to eat more fermented food to improve my digestion, I hark back to my upbringing and my passion for Jewish deli food. I love everything about Jewish deli sandwiches loaded with sauerkraut, pickles and mustard. Only now, it’s sans the bread, brisket and cheese, leaving the most flavorful and healthy parts; the sauerkraut, pickles and mustard! So I regularly incorporate these three of my favorite things into delicious healthy wraps with whatever fresh veggies I have in the fridge. When I eat this wrap I’m transported back to Katz’s deli in lower Manhattan surrounded by my siblings, parents and grandparents. Happy memories!
- 2 gluten free rice flour wrap, raw coconut wrappers or collard green leaves.
- 1 C sauerkraut
- 2 Tbs. brown mustard
- 2 dill pickles, julienned
- ¼ C jicama, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- ½ C enoki mushrooms
- Handful of green leafy lettuce of choice
- Spread mustard on entire bottom of wrap.
- Layer all ingredients, but not too much or the wrap will break.
- Fold end in and roll.
- Add extra mustard as glue the wrap shut.
- Slice in half diagonally.