One Healthy Smoothie Recipe with the Flavors of a Traditional Thanksgiving Dessert
This smoothie tastes like pumpkin pie, apple pie and cranberry-orange sauce all rolled into one. Thanksgiving breakfast may never be the same again after you make this delicious smoothie! It’s a rich blend of apple, fresh cranberry, and pumpkin flavors all infused with pumpkin-pie spices for a party in your mouth. The surprise is that there is no pumpkin in it. The carrots are the substitue for the pumpkin. It makes me happy just writing about this recipe because I can’t get enough of these flavors this time of year. I promise, it’s worthwhile to make this recipe for yourself or share it with your family. Start a new Thanksgiving tradition with this epic smoothie.
Cranberry, Pumpkin & Apple Smoothie
Makes 1 large or 2 small portions
2 C organic fresh cranberries
3 large organic carrots
1/2 organic honey crisp apple
1 banana, frozen
1 Tbs hemp seeds
3 Tbs. carrot pulp, from the juice
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3 Medjool dates
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
5 ice cubes
- Juice the cranberries and carrots in a juicer.
- Place juice at the bottom of a high speed blender, like a Vitamin.
- Take 3 tablespoons of the carrot pulp and add to blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender.
- Blend on low speed at first until the ingredients are incorporated and then on high speed for a smooth texture.
- Get in the healthy holiday mood.