My father’s favorite birthday dessert has always been strawberry shortcake. Homemade of course. My sisters and I have all shared the task over the years! So I created a healthy raw version for him a couple years ago. The hazelnut cream is dreamy, and the cake is moist and rich. The strawberries make it eye poppingly irresistable and top it off with natural sweetness. This recipe is so delicious he didn’t miss the “real” whipping cream one bit! It's a desert to to impress.
Strawberry Hazelnut Shortcake. Candied Strawberries
1 cup coconut meat
½ cup cashews
½ cup hazelnut milk
1/3 cup agave
¼ cup maple or date sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp soy lecithin
½ cup coconut oil
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup hazelnut pulp, wet
½ cup coconut flour
¼ plus 2 Tbs agave syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp almond extract
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 Tbs maple syrup
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Stir in wet and mix all ingredients by hand.
- Press into individual size round molds.
- Dehydrate for 3- 4 hours.
- Blend all ingredients, except coconut oil, in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Then blend in coconut oil last.
- Place in ice cream machine and process.
- Slice strawberries and coat with maple syrup.
- Dehydrate on teflex sheets for 12 hours.
- Turn each slice over and dehydrate another 8-12 hours or until crispy.
- Place one short cake on a round plate centered.
- Gently place one heaping scoop of cream on top of cake.
- Place as many sliced strawberries into cream as possible at all angles.
- Fill in with candied strawberries!
Enjoy this deliciously nutritious treat with your loved ones. They will love you for it.
Thanks for joining the Rawception!